Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This tasty side dish can be refrigerated up to 4 hours before baking or baked right away.
- 2 (28 ounce) canscrushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups toasted white bread cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, sugar, paste, mustard, soda, and salt.
- Place bread cubes in the baking dish; drizzle with melted butter.
- Pour tomato mixture over bread.
- Refrigerate up to 4 hours, if desired.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 375°F, or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or rosemary sprigs, if desired.