Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, easy, baked fish in a lemon-garlic tomato sauce--- a great light dinner. Serve with Pasta and a salad.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canready-cut tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, combine tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic salt, olive oil and pepper; mix well.
- Top with fish fillets in a single layer.
- Spoon some tomato mixture over fish.
- Bake 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with pine nuts.
Great fish dish! I used red snapper fillets, and the taste was amazing! Quick, easy and delicious! We had these with roasted garlic potatoes and some brocolli on the side. If you leave out the pine nuts it makes a perfect dinner for Passover!
Terrific recipe! I used cod and a big can of whole stewed tomatoes. Loved the addition of lemon and this was just the most perfect light meal! Healthy and easy, to boot! Thanks Barb!
A wonderful healthy dish. I pureed all the sauce ingredients first to make a nice, smooth sauce but unfortunately I burned the nuts (twice), so I didn't take a photo. Thank you.