Recipe by Bert's Kitchen Witch
This is another one of my "twisted" recipes. That is to say a traditional recipe, that I have put my own twist to. (Prep time does not include time to chill.)
Top Review by Amy Loo
Excellent recipe!! I had a Shrimp Gazpacho salad at a local restaurant in town and couldn't wait to try making it at home. This recipe was the perfect one, love all the flavors!! Skipped the tequila when I made it, because of our son - but would love to try it again with. Thanks for sharing!!
- 28.34 g tequila
- 453.59 g small shrimp (cooked)
- 1 small purple onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 large celery ribs
- 6 small roma tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves (minced fine)
- 946.36 ml tomato juice
- 1064.65 ml v 8 spicy vegetable juice
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml green onion (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash vegetables.
- Chop purple onion, bell pepper, unpeeled cucumbers, celery, and tomatoes.
- Place chopped vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add finely minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, tequila and cooked shrimp; stir gently to combine all.
- Stir in lime juice and red wine vinegar.
- Stir in tomato juice and V-8 juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge until well chilled (about 1 hour for flavors to blend).
- To serve, ladle each portion into a serving bowl and sprinkle each with desired amount of the chopped green onion.