This is another one of my "twisted" recipes. That is to say a traditional recipe, that I have put my own twist to. (Prep time does not include time to chill.)
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 lb small shrimp (cooked)
- 1 small purple onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 large celery ribs
- 6 small roma tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves (minced fine)
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 4 1⁄2 cups v 8 spicy vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (sliced)
- Wash vegetables.
- Chop purple onion, bell pepper, unpeeled cucumbers, celery, and tomatoes.
- Place chopped vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add finely minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, tequila and cooked shrimp; stir gently to combine all.
- Stir in lime juice and red wine vinegar.
- Stir in tomato juice and V-8 juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge until well chilled (about 1 hour for flavors to blend).
- To serve, ladle each portion into a serving bowl and sprinkle each with desired amount of the chopped green onion.
Excellent recipe!! I had a Shrimp Gazpacho salad at a local restaurant in town and couldn't wait to try making it at home. This recipe was the perfect one, love all the flavors!! Skipped the tequila when I made it, because of our son - but would love to try it again with. Thanks for sharing!!
i made this, was great, I blended it so it was more like a gazpacho made in spain and it was great, put in the shrimp after blending it
I loved this recipe. It had just the right tweaks... tastes blended well. I love Ceviche and Gazpacho and this is the best of both combined. Great flavor! I'm *keeping* this one saved for a great starter soup for guests! Yum. Thank you for sharing your "twisted" recipe. Family enjoyed it very much. ~V