This is another one of my "twisted" recipes. That is to say a traditional recipe, that I have put my own twist to. (Prep time does not include time to chill.)
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 lb small shrimp (cooked)
- 1 small purple onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 large celery ribs
- 6 small roma tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves (minced fine)
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 4 1⁄2 cups v 8 spicy vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (sliced)
- Wash vegetables.
- Chop purple onion, bell pepper, unpeeled cucumbers, celery, and tomatoes.
- Place chopped vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add finely minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, tequila and cooked shrimp; stir gently to combine all.
- Stir in lime juice and red wine vinegar.
- Stir in tomato juice and V-8 juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge until well chilled (about 1 hour for flavors to blend).
- To serve, ladle each portion into a serving bowl and sprinkle each with desired amount of the chopped green onion.