Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I started making a posted recipe for taco dip and realized it was different than I expected, so I adapted it to make this recipe. Party guests raved about the flavor and asked that I post this.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- jalapeno (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- scallion (optional)
- Cook ground beef until brown and crumbled; drain and return to the pan.
- Add taco seasoning, salsa, and chili powder and stir well.
- Still in cream cheese and cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add sour cream, stir well.
- Serve warm topped with none, one or all of the optional toppings.
- Great with tortilla chips, or even as a burrito filling!
My BFF made this and it was wonderful. It disappeared in no time,leaving us all wanting more!!!!!!