Recipe by Dine & Dish
This is a wonderful grilled chicken recipe submitted by Priscilla Weaver in the Taste of Home's Grilling Recipe Collection cookbook. This chicken is so moist and juicy and the sauce is a great combination of zesty and sweet!
Top Review by Slim PA
This sauce rocked! I had to make another batch to satisfy the crowd. I made as directed using Heinz Chili Sauce and Tobasco as the hot pepper sauce. I found the longer this sauce sits the better it gets. Thanks for the recipe KC!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 broiler-fryer chickens, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan saute the garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the next eight ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Baste with sauce.
- Grill 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees for breast meat quarters or 180 degrees for leg quarters, basting and turning several times.