Recipe by RedVinoGirl
A light, easy and tasty salad! Prep time does not include marinating time. Plan ahead as this should marinate for 4-24 hours.
Top Review by Nif
Fresh, healthy and very tasty. I used smaller tomatoes on the vine and cut the cucumber in half because the pieces were a bit big. This salad presents very well and I really enjoyed it with Recipe #420618 and Recipe #420779. Made for New Kids tag. Thanks RedVinoGirl! :)
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup light Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a refrigerator container, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, and scallions. Add the dressing, and season to taste with salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, stirring the salad several times.
- To serve, drain off most of the dressing. Place a lettuce leaf on each of 6 salad plates and spoon salad into each leaf. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over each.