Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
The original recipe was given to me by a friend, however, my version is totally altered, and so IT is an original. My family tells me it's the best stuffed pepper they've tasted. The ground fresh chili paste adds the zest so proceed with caution, as it can turn this dish very spicey hot.
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 lb meatloaf mix
- 0.5 (11 ounce) can corn
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese four cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup converted rice (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons ground fresh chili paste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut tops off peppers. Remove stems. Seed and core peppers. Dice pepper tops in a small dice.
- Combine in a large bowl: diced pepper tops, meatloaf mix, corn, olives, shredded cheese, rice, 1/4 cup of the petite diced tomatoes, and the ground fresh chili paste. Stuff peppers with equal amounts of meat mixture and place in dutch oven or deep skillet with cover.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together condensed tomato soup and petite diced tomatoes. Pour evenly over stuffed peppers in skillet. Cover and cook in 350 preheated oven for 1-1/2 hours. Remove cover and cook another 20-30 minutes. (I like to serve this with Yucca Croquettes which can be cooked in the same oven the last half hour).