Recipe by ellie_
Posted per request for recipes using round steak. Prep time is marinating time (at least 1 hour). Recipe Source: Bon Appetit (December 1984)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean round steak, sliced into 3 x 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 5 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients (soy sauce- garlic) in a large bowl. Add beef strips. Cover and marinate at least one hour at room temp or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over high heat. Add beef and stir fry 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add vegetables and remaining ingredients to red pepper flakes (brocolli-red pepper flakes) to skillet and cook 2 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir marinade and cornstarch mixture into skillet. Cook for 4-6 more minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce thickens.
- Return beef to skillet and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.