Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I received this recipe in on of my daily e-mails from our local vegetable producer. I made it for a big group and it was so yummy that I had to share it. It has the cheesiness that most enjoy on cauliflower but with a bit of kick too.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Steam whole cauliflower for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from steamer and place in a casserole dish.
- Blend all other ingredients together and pour over cauliflower.
- Place in oven on broil for approximately 10-15 minutes or until top starts to lightly brown.
I love cauliflower! This was tasty, but I thought there was too much mayo. Next time I'll cut back. I also added some Parmesan cheese, and a dash of cayenne.
I thought that this recipe sounded like a good idea. Unfortunately, I thought the final product was just ok. I followed the recipe as directed. I did get a better taste after I added some salt and pepper. Sorry I didn't like it better.
A great idea! I used extra sharp cheddar cheese, and only 3/4 of mayo. I steamed the cauliflower for about 15 minutes in the microwave and only about 7 minutes more to heat the cheese. It didn't get nicely browned, but it kept the kitchen cool!