Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook
Make and share this Zesty Spinach Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, including leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 cups white kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 cups spinach leaves (baby)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large soup pot or dutch oven. Add onion and saute over med-low heat until translucent.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic and salt. Saute until vegetables are golden about 5 minutes.
- Add stock. Unwrap cubes and add to liquid. Add tomatoes, quinoa, beans and spices. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Add spinach and cover. Cook briefly until leaves are wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
This is one of my favorite lunches. It is light enough that I can do my workout shortly after eating. There is something wrong with the nutritional information though, this recipe should be less than 170 calories for one cup.