Recipe by Bonnie Young
Your ordinary spinach dip is usually kind of bland. This recipe gives a little kick. Once I tried it I never went back to my other recipe, you will be sure to get raves on this. You can tone it down a little but I don't recommend it.
Top Review by Merlot
Wonderful dip, Bonnie!! I particularly liked the addition of the Tabasco sauce. I would have never thought to add it to a spinach dip. You are right, it gives it a nice zip. I will be replacing my old recipe with this one. Thanks so much. :-)
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 14.79 ml instant bouillon granules
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (I used the reconstituted type)
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml dried dill weed
- 59.14 ml finely diced onion
- 1.23 ml Tabasco sauce (hot sauce)
- 6.16 ml white pepper
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- Squeeze as dry as possible, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine beef bouillon granules and lemon juice to dissolve granules, set aside, in medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed, onion, Tabasco, white pepper, and water chestnuts.
- Stir in lemon and bouillon mixture.
- Stir in spinach and mix well.
- Pour into non-metal container and refrigerate until ready to use.