Bonnie Young's Note:
Your ordinary spinach dip is usually kind of bland. This recipe gives a little kick. Once I tried it I never went back to my other recipe, you will be sure to get raves on this. You can tone it down a little but I don't recommend it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 14.79 ml instant bouillon granules
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (I used the reconstituted type)
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml dried dill weed
- 59.14 ml finely diced onion
- 1.23 ml Tabasco sauce (hot sauce)
- 6.16 ml white pepper
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- 1Thaw and drain spinach.
- 2Squeeze as dry as possible, set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, combine beef bouillon granules and lemon juice to dissolve granules, set aside, in medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed, onion, Tabasco, white pepper, and water chestnuts.
- 4Stir in lemon and bouillon mixture.
- 5Stir in spinach and mix well.
- 6Pour into non-metal container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Spinach Dip
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Sodium 331.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant bouillon granules