Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a twist on the regular Spanish rice. I stumbled upon this by accident when I opened a can of "Herdez Salsa Verde Mexicana picante" instead of green chillies. I decided to throw it in and see how it turned out. The rice turned out great. I love the flavor and it's low fat!!
- 1. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a deep frying pan.
- 2. Saute rice until lightly browned.
- 3. Add onion, green pepper, garlic, tomatoes, salsa verde and water.
- 4. Simmer, covered until water is absorbed. (approximately 15 minutes).
- 5. Fresh chopped cilantro may be added just before serving.
We loved it, too! It was spicy, but that was just right for us. I'll definitely make this again.