Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Cooking Channel recipe from Nadia G's Bitchin Kitchen and is the best Puttanesca recipe that I have ever cooked, or eaten and is so easy to make. I use multi colored cherry tomatoes, when I can find them.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes, pinch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 anchovy fillets, roughly mashed with a fork
- 2 cups ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, coarsely chopped
- brown sugar, large pinch
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until it is slightly undercooked about 1 minute away from being al dente, drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chili flakes and garlic.
- Saute garlic for 2 minutes is fragrant and golden.
- Add the mashed anchovies and saute 30 seconds.
- Add cherry tomatoes and for 8-10 minutes until the tomatoes begin to create a light sauce.
- Once the tomatoes have sauced up, mix the olives, capers, brown sugar, sea salt and ground pepper into the sauce.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the pan.
- Lower heat to medium heat and use tongs to stir until pasta absorbs the sauce, about 3 minutes.