This is a Cooking Channel recipe from Nadia G's Bitchin Kitchen and is the best Puttanesca recipe that I have ever cooked, or eaten and is so easy to make. I use multi colored cherry tomatoes, when I can find them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes, pinch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 anchovy fillets, roughly mashed with a fork
- 2 cups ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, coarsely chopped
- brown sugar, large pinch
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until it is slightly undercooked about 1 minute away from being al dente, drain.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- 3Add chili flakes and garlic.
- 4Saute garlic for 2 minutes is fragrant and golden.
- 5Add the mashed anchovies and saute 30 seconds.
- 6Add cherry tomatoes and for 8-10 minutes until the tomatoes begin to create a light sauce.
- 7Once the tomatoes have sauced up, mix the olives, capers, brown sugar, sea salt and ground pepper into the sauce.
- 8Add cooked spaghetti to the pan.
- 9Lower heat to medium heat and use tongs to stir until pasta absorbs the sauce, about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Spaghetti a La Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 416.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 17.4 g