Recipe by Christmas Carol
Clipped this from a coupon flyer and thought it sounded interesting. I've yet to try it, but when I do I may add thinly sliced sweet or red onion to the slaw, and a slice of cheese to the bottom bun. Chipotle Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby all sound good.
- 3⁄4 cup rice (white or brown)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons hot and spicy taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine Ranch dressing, cabbage, and cilantro. Toss to combine; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, ground chuck, and taco seasoning mix. Form into four patties slightly larger than hamburger buns. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook 10-12 minutes for medium-well, turning once.
- To serve; on each hamburger bottom bun place a cooked burger, an equal amount of the slaw, and top bun.