Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Chex mix with a little kick!
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 4 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- In large bowl combine cereals,pretzels and crackers.
- Melt butter.
- Add oil and spices.
- Mix well Pour over cereals.
- Stir to mix Put on 2 large baking sheets.
- Bake at 225 for 2-21/2 hours.
- Stirring every 30 min.
Very good! I did make substitutions based on what I could find at my local warehouse store: Life cereal instead of Corn Chex and Multigrain Cheerios instead of regular Cheerios. Both of the substitutions have a tiny bit of sweetness to them, which was a nice touch to this mix. Also substituted square pretzel shapes for the sticks and Goldfish Cheddar crackers for the Cheez-It crackers, but left the seasonings the same. The large quantity is great for making gift bags for numbers of people. Very good basic snack mix!
Perfect! Oh, I'll use more garlic next time, but that's just me. I made this for gifts and packaged them along with a sweet mix and they're already given and well received. Will be adding this to my keepers and THANK YOU SO MUCH! Merry Christmas!
Very tasty. Used 8 cups pretzels and 8 cups cheese crackers as I didn't have corn chex or cheerios. Very easy and good. Will lessen garlic as we like using it only sparingly. Thank you!