Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
i came up with this one night and we found it to be a new comfort food
- 4 thick cut pork loin chops with bone
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Crystal hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sixthed and leafy green part chopped
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously salt and pepper the flour in the bottom of a large Ziploc bag, adding chops and shaking about until evenly covered.
- Heat 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil in a shallow Dutch oven (something just large enough to hold the 4 chops in a single layer) and sear the pork chops until golden brown on one side.
- Turn and smear the dijon mustard on the top sides of the chops.
- Add onion, fennel, and garlic and smother with the chicken broth.
- While bringing up to a simmer, add the soy sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sour cream until dissolved.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest on top.
- Place the lid on the dish and cook in the oven for 1- 1 1/2 hours until pork chops are very tender.
- check about halfway through cooking time and add more liquid if necessary, stir, and flip pork chops.
- serve with mashed potatoes or white rice.