Recipe by looneytunesfan
Found in a slow cooker cookbook. UPDATE: You can still find the soup in the Campbell's soup section in a box and it is called Campbell's Select.
Top Review by Laurie519
This is a great recipe, I added one chopped onion and two cloves of minced garlic to the pot. I also added a few splashes of worcestershire as well. The gravy is awesome and is great with mashed potatoes. Thanx for a great recipe!!!
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup with roasted garlic and herbs
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, carrots, and celery in bottom of slow cooker.
- Season roast with pepper and place on top.
- Mix soup and water.
- Pour over roast and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- •For a thicker gravy: Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Remove beef and vegetables and keep warm. Stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.