Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom's recipe that brings back good memories of childhood.
Make and share this Zesty Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, thick and zesty
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 25 hamburger buns
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef and onion. Add green pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns.
Delicious and perfect for this blustery rainy afternoon. I looked all over and could not find the special tomato sauce so just used regular. Made for PAC Fall 2012