Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are the BEST sloppy joes I've ever had, though the recipe does make a lot. I use the leftovers for Sloppy Joe Squares (26287), or freeze them.
- 4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (15 ounce) canthick and zesty tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, brown beef and onion.
- Add green pepper.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on buns.
We liked these sloppy joes. My husband rated it 5 stars. The only problem I had was finding thick and zesty tomato sauce. had to end up using Rotels new thick and zesty sauce. Thanks wifetoabadge. Bullwinkle