Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Obviously got this off a can of Del Monte tomatoes, but I fiddled around with it a bit. It's a great weekday meal to throw together, especially if you have everything cut up ahead of time. I make this pretty often.(I also like a little Frank's Hot Sauce on my plate) You can also throw in a can of black beans or whatever. Be creative!
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion (or more)
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) candel monte zesty diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (or something similar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- shredded monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- cooked rice
- In a large skillet saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, corn, green pepper,and green chilies and simmer till liquid is somewhat reduced.
- Serve over rice and add cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Easy to prepare and good tasting. I wish I had the cilantro it called for because I know that would have made it even better. I think I'll buy some dried cilantro so I can have it on hand. Thanks for sharing.
I didn't have a can of green chilies, but still enjoyed this recipe. As other reviews, I did add l/2 can of drained black beans. I cooked the rice in chicken broth spiked w/chili powder and a bit of chunky salsa to taste and served it on the side, along with warmed flour tortillas, in case we'd want to stuff the filling as a burrito. Made in memory of MEP, who will be missed by so many of us.
Quick, easy and filling weeknight meal. I had the chicken already baked, so added it to the cooked onion and garlic mixture. With fire-roasted tomatoes, 1/2 can black beans and fat free cheddar served over brown rice, we had a very nice WW Core meal. Thanks MEP! Made for Chef Zaar Alphabet Soup tag game.