Recipe by HEP MEP
Obviously got this off a can of Del Monte tomatoes, but I fiddled around with it a bit. It's a great weekday meal to throw together, especially if you have everything cut up ahead of time. I make this pretty often.(I also like a little Frank's Hot Sauce on my plate) You can also throw in a can of black beans or whatever. Be creative!
Top Review by Charlotte J
Easy to prepare and good tasting. I wish I had the cilantro it called for because I know that would have made it even better. I think I'll buy some dried cilantro so I can have it on hand. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion (or more)
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) candel monte zesty diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (or something similar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- shredded monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, corn, green pepper,and green chilies and simmer till liquid is somewhat reduced.
- Serve over rice and add cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.