Recipe by The Spice Guru
I was amazed how easy it was to make a terrific Alfredo sauce, simply by blending two-parts Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing with one-part parmesan cheese and a dash of nutmeg! Presto! I suddenly had the ideal sauce for my Shrimp Alfredo pizza.
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough (recommended, Safeway Select)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 spinach leaves, stems removed and chopped
- 3 basil leaves, snipped widthwise into ribbons
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- red pepper flakes, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: "Even the best pizza toppings are only as good as the crust. For best results, use a quality traditional fresh yeast deli dough such as Safeway Select, over the canned roll-out biscuit dough variety". (STEP 1): Remove pizza dough from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425°F .
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Saute shallots until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for two additional minutes. Transfer shallot and garlic mixture into a small bowl. Return saucepan to medium heat. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to saucepan until heated. Add shrimp and dried basil (plus a pinch of salt and pepper if desired). Saute, stirring, until shrimp barely turns pink (about 2/3 cooked). Remove saucepan from heat.
- In another small bowl for the Alfredo sauce, blend 1/2 cup Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing, 1/4 cup powdered parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Spray a 14" pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray. Stretch and spread dough to desired form into prepared pan. Spoon the Alfredo sauce evenly over the dough, within a 1" perimeter from edge; Add shallot and garlic mixture evenly over the sauce. Sprinkle the chopped spinach leaves, then mozzarella cheese. Arrange shrimp over cheese, finishing with basil ribbons and snipped chives.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cut into slices and garnish if desired with a pinch of red pepper flakes. Serve and enjoy.