Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Burgers with spicy tomatoes and green chilies cooked right in, topped with Pepper Jack cheese, avocado slices and more tomatoes
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1 lb ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Spray grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill to medium heat according to manufacturer's directions. Meanwhile, set aside 1/3 cup drained tomatoes. Mix together beef, remaining drained tomatoes, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Shape into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Grill patties 10 minutes or until cooked through (160°F), turning once. Top each patty with 1 slice cheese; melt slightly.
- Place patties on bottom halves of buns. Top each patty with 3 or 4 avocado slices and a generous tablespoon of reserved tomatoes. Close with tops of buns. Serve immediately.