Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Move over, crab cakes! Salmon steals the show in this recipe. From Taste of Home.
Make and share this Zesty Salmon Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canboneless salmon, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- your favorite remoulade sauce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the butter and lettuce leaves.
- Shape into 6 small cakes.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook cakes until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Arrange Romaine leaves on serving plate and place salmon cakes on top.
- Serve with your favorite remoulade sauce drizzled over, or on the side.
- Note; You may also shape these into 4 larger patties and enjoy them as a sandwich on Kaiser rolls.
I really did like the flavor of these cakes. I followed the recipe amounts, but I thought it looked a little too wet to hold, so I added more of the dry breadcrumbs. The cakes still were a little too wet to hold together. Next time I will halve the mayonnaise or omit it and let the egg be the only bonding agent. Definately a tasty way to cook salmon and I'm giving 4 stars because it is good, and I believe I can tweek itt so they hold. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
These were a little too "wet" to form into cakes, but I did what I could and they came out pretty tasty.