Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Alive with flavor. From Southern Living.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients.
- Add rice, beans, green onions, cilantro, and mint; toss ingredients to coat.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Was made for Bargain Basement Tag. Loved the flavors and the textures, and easy to throw together. The DH loved it. Thanks!