Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For this marinade use a heary red wine, such as Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot. Try it with meats that you would drink red wine with (beef, pork, lamb) or use it as a marinade for mushrooms. This is one of my most requested marinades.
- 1 cup hearty red wine
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients.
- Then gradually whisk in the oil.
- Use immediately.