Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish is always a hit at family gatherings. The addition of horseradish gives the salad a delightful zip.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain and let potatoes cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Mix well and stir in potatoes.
- Cover and chill.
So delicious! I thought two tablespoons of horseradish would be too much for the rest of the family, so I put one in and you couldn't even tell. Going to put two tablespoons in next time! Thanks for the recipe!
Took the eggs out and waited to mix the vinegar untl about 1/2 hour before serving. 1st attempt making potato salad and it turned out great!
Really good. I made it for a cookout and everyone loved it. I made it without the bacon, but it was still very tasty. The only thing I would change would be to add a little bit more salt the next time I make it.