Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great soup for cold winter time.
- 6 slices bacon, 1/2 inch sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 cup diced tomato, drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb clam, drained
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, place the oil, onion, carrots and celery.
- Slowly cook and stir 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix in the bacon, potato, clam juice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, white pepper, seasoning salt, parsley, marjoram, garlic powder, thyme, mustard, Cajun seasoning and hot pepper sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the potato is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in the clams.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes more and serve.