Recipe by RecipeNut
For a great winter meal serve with garlic bread and a salad!
Top Review by Babushka
I'm sorry but this needs something more. . .although I'm not sure what. Tomato might help to flesh it out a bit more. The flavor was OK and I enjoyed it with the garlic bread I made but this soup cannot stand on it's own as is.
- 1 can diced green chilis (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can solid-pack pumpkin (15 ounces)
- 1 can chicken broth (about 14 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- additional sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine green chilies,1/4 cup sour cream and cilantro in food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth; reserve.
- Combine pumpkin, chicken broth, water, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and red pepper, if desired, in medium saucepan; stir in 1/4 cup green chili mixture.
- Bring to a reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer, uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into serving bowls.
- Top each serving with small dollops of remaining green chili mixture and additional sour cream, if desired.
- Run tip of spoon through dollops to swirl.