Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We enjoyed this soup at a friend's house and requested the recipe to share with you.
Make and share this Zesty Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft over medium heat.
- Add curry powder, salt, coriander, and red pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, simmer uncovered for 15- 20 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and half and half; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour into blender and puree until creamy.
- Reheat and serve.
YUM! We loved it! My picky son didn't get to try it because he is out but the rest of us really liked it. For the half and half I used fat free and it worked out fine. I also used an immersion blender. Thanks Geema!
I had misplaced my recipe, given to me by my grandmother so you are a lifesaver. The only thing I do different is I cut pie pumpkins in half and roast them in the oven then I scoop out the flesh to add to the soup and puree in batches. I garnish with chopped chives.
I did enjoy this soup. I topped it with cilantro. I made half the recipe except for the curry I left as called for. Very creamy. Thanks Geema!