Recipe by Geema
We enjoyed this soup at a friend's house and requested the recipe to share with you.
Top Review by Oolala
YUM! We loved it! My picky son didn't get to try it because he is out but the rest of us really liked it. For the half and half I used fat free and it worked out fine. I also used an immersion blender. Thanks Geema!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft over medium heat.
- Add curry powder, salt, coriander, and red pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, simmer uncovered for 15- 20 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and half and half; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour into blender and puree until creamy.
- Reheat and serve.