Recipe by Ginger 77
This recipe was created by a friend of mine, Stephanie Berry. It is the best potato soup recipe I've ever tasted.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (extra large)
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces processed American cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauce pan, combine first 5 ingrediants; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minute DO NOT DRAIN-- mash potatoes in liquid until almost smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Cook until cheese is melted; stir continuously.
- I sprinkle with crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.