Prep 8 hrs
Cook 3 mins
My husband loves this, the Italian dressing gives it a great flavor, it's easy to make, and with the potatoes, carrots, and green beans, you have a great side dish as well.
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (4 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 4 -6 carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 potatoes, quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- all-purpose flour
- Pour dressing over roast in a shallow dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast from the marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place roast in Dutch oven, add beef broth and water.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans and reserved marinade and cook for a further 20-25 minutes.
- Remove roast and vegetables and put onto a serving platter, keep warm.
- Measure the liquid in the Dutch oven, then return this to the Dutch oven.
- Combine 1 tablespoon flour for every 1 cup of liquid, and 2 tablespoons water, stirring well.
- Using a wire whisk, stir the flour mixture into liquid in the Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.