Recipe by Sage
I found this in another site and made a few times. Lovely one pot meal. Lots of flavour with a wonderful gravy.Perfect for the toaster oven,
Top Review by sketchytania
I am not sure if I would call this recipe 'zesty'. It was rather plain. I usually put bbq sauce on my pork tenderloin, but decided to try this. I much prefer the bbq sauce. The carrots and potatoes were awesome, though. Much perferred them to the pork.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a small roasting pan. In a separate small bowl, combine the garlic, ground black pepper, salt and olive oil. Mix this well and spread over the pork.
- Place the carrots and potatoes around the meat. Combine the soy sauce and 1 cup water in a separate small bowl and pour over the vegetables around the roast. Cover all tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the internal pork temperature reaches 160 degreesF.
- Transfer the roast and vegetables to a serving platter and pour the liquid from the roasting pan into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/4 cup water and add to liquid in pan.
- Stir well and allow sauce to thicken.