Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simply delicious and ready in just 40 minutes, this recipe is sure to win over your family. Picante sauce, brown sugar and apples make ordinary pork chops extraordinary.
- 3 pork chops or 1 1⁄4 lbs pork chops
- all-purpose flour, for coating the chops
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 apple, cored and cut into slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coat the pork with the flour. Stir the picante sauce, brown sugar and apple in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on both sides. Pour off any fat.
- Pour the picante sauce mixture over the pork. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
- FLAVOR VARIATION: You can really spice up this recipe by adding 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce to the picante sauce mixture.
Soooo easy and GOOD! My four pork chops were boneless, but nice and thick; I added a sprinkling of red pepper flakes, and cut my apple into eighths. I believe this would be equally good made with chicken! Made for Spring Photo Tag.