Recipe by Domestic Goddess
An excellant baked bean dish, from the 1979 Pillsburys' Kitchen Family Cookbook. It's also a family "favorite".
Top Review by mailbelle
Delicious! Wouldn't change a thing! Goes together in a snap and is one of those recipes where you don't have to go and buy some special ingredient. Will definitely be making again!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup catsup or 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings.
- Combine drippings with remaining ingredients in a 1-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees, for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and heated through.