DH and I aim to get more bang for our nutritional buck at mealtime. We recently learned that pinto beans and salmon boost the messenger RNA that keeps our cells programmed correctly. I am not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination ... all I know is that this filling soup is tasty, tasty, tasty! I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in soup pot on low.
- 2While those are heating, drain and rinse pinto beans (a colander is helpful here).
- 3Combine rosemary with oil, garlic and red pepper, stir to combine.
- 4Add pinto beans to pot, stir to combine.
- 5Add the chicken broth to the pot, raise heat so that mixture comes to a boil; then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 6While soup simmers, empty salmon into a small bowl and crumble into tiny pieces.
- 7When soup is done simmering, use an immersion blender to thoroughly blend soup. Then add salmon to creamed soup. Stir to combine.
- 8We enjoy this soup served with veggie Ritz crackers. Yum!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Pinto Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 596.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 41.3 g