Recipe by Glori-B
DH and I aim to get more bang for our nutritional buck at mealtime. We recently learned that pinto beans and salmon boost the messenger RNA that keeps our cells programmed correctly. I am not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination ... all I know is that this filling soup is tasty, tasty, tasty! I hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 (6 ounce) packet pink salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in soup pot on low.
- While those are heating, drain and rinse pinto beans (a colander is helpful here).
- Combine rosemary with oil, garlic and red pepper, stir to combine.
- Add pinto beans to pot, stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot, raise heat so that mixture comes to a boil; then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While soup simmers, empty salmon into a small bowl and crumble into tiny pieces.
- When soup is done simmering, use an immersion blender to thoroughly blend soup. Then add salmon to creamed soup. Stir to combine.
- We enjoy this soup served with veggie Ritz crackers. Yum!