Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an easy to make low cost soup that is made in the slow cooker. I created this recipe out of boredom and was surprised with how well it turned out. Though some of the ingredients normally do not “go with” each other they blend well to create a unique healthy meal. You can add shredded carrots, zucchini and chopped mushrooms also.
- 6 whole tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup, the beef flavored kind is better
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 5 -8 stuffed green olives
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 10 -16 small pepperoni slices (more if you love meat)
- fresh basil, to taste
- fresh cilantro or garlic powder, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Prepare all ingredients. Put everything except the mozzarella into the crock-pot. Stir well. Sprinkle the cubed mozzarella on top of the soup after stirring. Let cook on High for 2 to 3 hours. Or low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve with warm bread or crackers or sprinkle each bowl with croutons. Enjoy.