Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Asparagus is probably my favorite food. While I best like it somewhat plain-- steamed and buttered lightly with mayo--I find other ways of making it interesting. This sizzling, sassy dish is simple and yet good enough for high-quality company.
- 1 lb asparagus spear, washed, woody ends snapped off
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablesp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (I prefer Hungarian paprika because it is sweeter, but regular will do)
- Mix horseradish, dijon mustard and paprika into a paste. Set aside. Heat olive oil and parsley in a skillet on medium heat. When hot, add asparagus. Saute, with constant attention for five minutes. Pour off remaining oil, turn heat to low. Add paste mixture, blend throughout asparagus, and stir. Serve immediately.