Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fun recipe! Kids will love it! I serve with a jarred marinara sauce that I jazz up a little. I have also tried this recipe using pork chops cut into thin strips. Both ways are excellent! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into long, thin strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix (I prefer Good Season's Zesty Italian)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I like it very spicy, so I use 1 teaspoon...adjust to your taste)
- In a large bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, dry dressing mix, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, toss chicken strips with egg to coat, shaking off excess.
- Toss chicken strips with breadcrumb mixture, pressing crumbs into meat to adhere. Place breaded chicken on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Excellent, this was my first time using panko bread crumbs and I love them, for the first time bread crumbs that stick to my chicken! I loved the spices and all! Thanks so much for giving me a great chicken tenders recipe and a great relaxing Saturday lunch!
Yum! Very tasty chicken, these stix have fantastic flavor. DH thought they were just a bit too salty so next time I will probably omit the 1/2 tsp. of salt. Thanks for the awesome recipe kpd!
These chicken stix were great! They were super easy to put together which is always a good thing. As I was putting the coating together, I realized I didn't have any Italian salad dressing mix so I used Italian Herb Salad Dressing Mix Clone instead and it worked like a charm. I love the kick from the cayenne. Thanks for posting!