This recipe is bursting with flavor! You could even add prosciutto, salami or pepperoni if you wanted some meat! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, torn
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 serrano peppers (optional) or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine last 7 ingredients in another bowl. Pour mixture over orzo mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Can be eaten straight away or refridgerate salad until ready to eat!