Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not a coffee person and black coffee..well...it really isn't my cup of tea : p But I tried this recipe from Kraft foods today and quite liked it. I think the orange zest made a whole lot of difference.
- 2 tablespoons instant decaffeinated coffee
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup splenda no calorie artificial sweetener, Granulated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup thawed Cool Whip Lite
- Place coffee granules, orange zest, SPLENDA Granulated Sweetener, ginger and water in large measuring cup; stir until coffee is dissolved and mixture is well blended.
- Pour evenly into 4 mugs or coffee cups.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoons of the whipped topping.
This was really good! I made it exactly as written except that I didn't use splenda but erythritol which has only about 70 percent of the sweetness of sugar, but that was great because otherwise it would have been too sweet for my taste. I'd recommend not to omit the ginger because it gives a very nice little zing to the strong orange flavour. The orange leaves the coffee flavour very mild, as *Nabiha* says, but you still taste it. I'll make this again as a "guiltfree" little treat :) Thanks for posting!
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.