Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great sauce for vanilla ice-cream.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 firm ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced candied ginger
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- Peel and slice bananas to 1/2" thick.
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Add brown sugar, orange juice, grated orange peel and candied ginger. Stir until blended and bubbly. Add bananas and gently turn fruit over medium high heat until hot and sauce bubbles, 1-2 minutes. Stir in liqeuer.
- Spoon hot fruit mixture over ice-cream to serve.