Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Quick Cooking Magazine. It is a nice change from traditional sloppy joes, yet very easy to make. I made it without the celery and it was still delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, cook beef and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the soup, water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on buns.
Excellent. My husband and kids all love these. The only thing I leave out is the celery. Better than sloppy joes. Thanks!!
I substituted Foster Farms lean ground turkey and ate this on toasted whole wheat hamburger buns. YUM! And to make it totally addicting, the flavor is more intense after sitting in the fridge overnight.
Oh my goodness! This was AMAZING! You are my hero, Rach2!!! Thanks for a new menu item!!!