Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not for fans of bland food! It's a bit spicy for me, but my BF loves it so I must be doing something right. It's (yet again) from the Famous Brand Names Cookbook.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- In jar with tightly fitting lid combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, chives, salt, Tabasco sauce and garlic; shake well.
- In large bowl combine lettuce, spinach, mushrooms and olives. Add 3/4 cup dressing and toss lightly to mix well.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing in jar for later use.
Yummy salad! I did cut some fat by only using 1/2 cup of oil. The hot sauce added just the right amount of kick to the dressing. I used scallions instead of chives and put some right into the salad as well as in the dressing. Thanx for a wonderful salad. I'll make this again!
Wow, great recipe. I didn't change any ingredients, just used a milder hot sauce for the Tabasco. Really enjoyed the tangy & zesty flavours. It matched very well with the greens & olives in the salad mixture. Wonderful recipe, thanks so much for sharing.