Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great chicken and veggie flavors in a Mexican soup. Stretch your chicken farther by serving it up with veggies and flavorful salsa, cilantro and chiles. From eatbetteramerica.com.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa (any flavor)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) chopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix all ingredients except cilantro. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated; stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro.
- RECIPE TIP:.
- SUPER CHICKEN:.
- Chicken contains vitamin B6, also called pyridoxine. Vitamin B6 is important for digesting proteins, plus it helps to keep hair and nerves healthy.
- MAKE AHEAD:.
- Soup is a great way to use leftover chicken. Make a double batch and freeze some in 2-cup amounts so it can be easily thawed and heated when needed.
- DID YOU KNOW?.
- Cilantro has a lively pungent flavor that some discribe as slightly soapy. It's used often in Mexican, Indian and Indonesian dishes. Also called Chinese parsley, it's a key ingredient in pico de gallo (salsa).