Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super easy and low in fat, oh... and tastes great with some rustic bread!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 11 1⁄2 ounces vegetable juice cocktail
- 11 ounces corn (can of Mexicorn, corn with red and green peppers, undrained)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies (canned, and chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, mix all ingredients except cilantro. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro.
- This makes about 6 -1 cup servings.
This is so easy and such a great soup. I skipped the chicken and used a can of black beans. This was ready in no time. Thanks for the recipe.
Loved this soup. I just had to add one can of drained black beans. Otherwise I made as written. I'll be making his one again. Thank you for posting. Made for *Twelve days of Christmas recipe swap 2008* game from the *Aus NZ Cooking Forum* This was a *pressie* recipe
Very good soup! I didn't add the cilantro because I didn't have any but I did add a couple of dashes of hot sauce to spice it up. Before eating we topped it off with Mexican blend cheese. This came together very quickly for an easy weeknight meal which is always a plus! Thanks so much for posting! Made for 12 Days of Christmas recipe swap.