Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This hearty meatloaf needs no sauce and makes great sandwiches the next day... IF you have any leftovers!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mustard, any type except whole grain*
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce, sauce**
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons montreal type steak seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a pan & rack liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients just until blended. Shape into a loaf and place in prepared pan.
- Bake in middle of oven for 90 minutes.
- Remove and allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- *I prefer spicy brown mustard.
- ** If you use ketchup, use original amount listed in recipe. If you use A-1 Sauce instead, reduce the amount of Worcestershire sauce to 2 teaspoons.
Made for PAC Spring-09. This was a 5 star for taste but it did not hold together well at all. I think next time I will add an egg to it for cohesion.
Made for PAC Spring-09 This was a really simple recipe and easy to follow, with the added benefit of being really good and even enjoyed by my very picky DGSs which was an added plus as it can be really hard to find something the BOTH like. I followed the recipe exactly except for adding some finely chopped fresh onion and red bell peppers (can't have the boys see them and know they are there) and in the final 10 minutes of cooking added a topping of steak sauce and borwn sugar for a glaze. Even had the steak seasoning. It turned out great and was enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Really looking forward to sandwiches this afternoon. Thanks for a simple and tasty recipe.