Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Green Chile Bible. It's flavorful and moist.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes, dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup green chili, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 wheat thins crackers, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Parboil the onion 20 minutes in 1 cup of water(water listed in recipe) Add the onion and liquid to the meat and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a greased loaf pan and bake, covered at 350°F, for 1 hour.
- Uncover the last 10 minutes to brown the meat loaf.
Sorry, but this was not good! Are the proportions off? Maybe it calls for 2 lbs of meat? This was just swimming in liquid?! I almost added in another lb of meat but didn't want to waste it, so I added in some breadcrumbs. I had to cook it for 1 1/2 hours and the consistency was not good. I'm sorry. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.