Recipe by RecipeMonster
This recipe is from Green Chile Bible. It's flavorful and moist.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Sorry, but this was not good! Are the proportions off? Maybe it calls for 2 lbs of meat? This was just swimming in liquid?! I almost added in another lb of meat but didn't want to waste it, so I added in some breadcrumbs. I had to cook it for 1 1/2 hours and the consistency was not good. I'm sorry. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes, dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup green chili, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 wheat thins crackers, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil the onion 20 minutes in 1 cup of water(water listed in recipe) Add the onion and liquid to the meat and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a greased loaf pan and bake, covered at 350°F, for 1 hour.
- Uncover the last 10 minutes to brown the meat loaf.